Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Be Careful Close to an Event

I have been tuning up Wyatt's rally work the last few weeks. We have 3 trials this weekend. I was having some trouble with a stationary stand command. It is very easy to get panicky and frustrated right before an event and make things worse. He would sometimes sit when I asked him to stand and gave the hand command for stand. I think what was happened was that if my hand went too high, he saw it as a sit command. When I bent lower and went out in front of him and not above him at all, it seemed to be more clear to him. I find there is a tendency to panic and want to drill like crazy which adds to the stress. When I relaxed and reflected on what might be going on, things fixed themselves...

1 comment:

Jules said...

Good luck this weekend!