Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Checking In Too Much

I have seen at agility class the same issue with Wyatt.  After the first run, he tends to check in too much and not go ahead as well.  Part of this could be my stopping short but I don't think that's the main issue.  I can - with many commands - get him to go ahead after he checks in but it doesn't feel good and reduces our flow and distance.  Last night, I did move in closer and kept positive, which helped a lot.  I don't see this at trials much unless I stop short.  But I think I need to work at home (and class is now over) with automatically going ahead unless told otherwise.  I now have 3 hoops and materials for 2 more so I am planning to work on this.  The hoops will help to reduce jumping stress.  We have not practices at home for months.  If you recall, I was seeing some resistance to practicing at home (but not at class.) 

No comments: