Friday, October 20, 2006

Proofing Place

Since running Wyatt on our "home court" last weekend (where he did very well), I have concluded that Wyatt's proofing issues are probably not dog related but place related. How does one work on this? Take him to a lot of different places;do run throughs as much as possible; trial at familiar places. I think this is slowly improving over time as he becomes a more confident dog. Though I felt calm and comfortable myself last weekend, I also chaired the trial and have a new baby so I tend to think my state is not such a big factor (though bad handling will cause problems certainly). I think my experience does disprove my original theory that Wyatt's nerves were related to other dogs. Since there tons of new dogs last weekend, I don't think that is a factor.

No comments: