Sunday, April 19, 2009

Open A First 8 Attempts

Here's a summary of Wyatt's Open A attempts. First, I should say that all the exercises he passed were very well done and he always did well on heeling. But in analysing the failures, I am hoping to learn what to work on. The basic thing we need is more proofing and confidence. I believe, though I made mistakes, that my handling is now basically OK though there could be ways I could support him more between exercises that I have not tapped into yet. I do believe his sits and downs are harder for him if I go out a door so I am planning to practice that at home.

1 Big E - All exercises OK, went down on long sit
2 Big E - Did not come on initial drop, sits and downs fine
3 Master Peace - Did not come on initial drop, sits and downs fine
4 Master Peace - Did not go out after dumbbell on retrieve on flat, sits and downs fine
5 Taunton (new place) - walked on broad jump, came after me on long down, lots of whining on long sit, sits and downs through door
6 Nationals - did not come after he was dropped on drop on recall, went down on long sit,
7 Big E - did not come on initial come of Drop on recall, did not go get dumbbell after jumping, came up sitting on long down, sits and downs through door
8 Big E - did not come on initial come of Drop on recall, shifted too much on long sit, came up on long down, sits and downs through door

No comments: