Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Release Problems

One thing I noticed today practicing agility is that Wyatt and I do not always have a consistent, reliable release. Sometimes I forget to release him and let it go, sometimes he will release if I turn my body or move. I see this especially going back up to the A-frame after completing one A-Frame. I am wondering if this may be contributing to our trial contact issues in that he thinks I am releasing him when I make the slightest movement or sound.

I also tried NOT giving the spot command when he is approaching the down contact. It did not make the slightest difference. I believe it will be better to not use it since he seems to jump off when I say "spot" sometimes during trials. This way, his job is to make it to the bottom without verbal or physical cues (after giving the obstacle name) and wait to be released.

No comments: