Thursday, March 02, 2006

Utility

I can't wait to start competing in utility. I think it is the most fun and interesting of the obedience classes. Wyatt seems to agree. We had a good directed retrieve session this morning. We are both figuring out how to direct him to the right glove. I can see him trying to figure it out. When I say oops he comes back for more direction. I am using a side of the face type signal to try to get him to mark before setting out. But he goes out and gets the glove, shakes it, and comes back tail wagging. I know he is not supposed to shake it but we can work on that later. He does have a hold it command.

We are also working hard on scent discrimination. I am still using cheese but once in a while I will hot scent an article and put it among 3-4 unscented articles and he will retrieve it. It is the coolest thing ever!

No comments: