Friday, June 02, 2006

Patriot as a Therapy Dog?

I took Patriot lure coursing a few weekends ago and there were 2 indications that he may be a good therapy dog.

During a coursing run, the other dog, Mira, owned by Donna Lynch, got tangled up in the line, went down, and stayed dog. Instead of going to play with the bags, Patriot went over and stood by her until help arrived. It turned out that Mira was fine. I have never seen a dog do something like that.

On the way home, we stopped by my grandmother's nursing home. She is 94. She was very sleepy and would not wake up so I just sat with her and held her hand for a while. I invited Patriot to jump on her bed which he did. He snuggled right next to her and put his chin on her stomach and went right to sleep.

It makes me think he has potential as a therapy dog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww, Patriot, what a sweet Whippet. Can't get enough of Whippet stories. Thanks. Lynn