Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Proofing

I have been doing some contact proofing in the cellar using a painted board. Wyatt seems to know his job pretty well but I can fool him sometimes and get him off the contact board without being released. It will be interesting to see if this has impact this weekend.

I have been reading Controlled Unleashed. This book really opens up ideas for helping your dog deal with his or her own stress. Typically, people tell you dogs have ESP and all their stress somehow comes down the leash from you. I have never felt this to be correct so it is good to have some acknowledge that dogs have their own stress. I do feel like our stress does impact them because our handling changes and, yes, we can make them nervous if we are. However, they have their own stress too. I know Wyatt does! So this book is very welcome with ideas to help with the latter.

No comments: