Monday, September 18, 2006

Babies and Agility

My wife was on a businness trip Saturday but I decided to drive about an hour to catch some agility run thrus. I was a little hesitant because I was not sure I would be able to have someone watch Aidan when I ran. Aidan has a lot of agility aunties but I was not sure if any of his regular aunties would be there. I threw caution to the wind, packed up all the baby and dog stuff (yes, we have a new minivan) and headed on down.

Luckily, there is, believe it or not, another baby named Aidan, who was there with his mom and dad. Sue watched Aidan when I ran and got a portable crib out of her car for us to use. What luck! Actually, there are 2 other couples that do CPE agility that also have new babies. We got to visit and compare notes and also run our dogs. What a great day.

Wyatt ran well besides the usual first A-frame missed contacts. There were snooker, standard, steeplechase, and jumpers courses with some nice challenges. The trick now seems to be running great the first time (just like a trial). There typically will be some challenge I did not anticipate that results in an off course or some other issue. So now I need to be able to get it right the first time. And this is an issue for me and not Wyatt...

Hope you had a great weekend too...

No comments: