Monday, July 10, 2006

Training Blahs

I have trained Wyatt to open/utility and to the highest levels of agility. I am not sure what to train next. His biggest issue is proofing so I guess that is the answer. That is the hardest thing to train though. I am working on fine tuning a few things: weaves entries at a distance on-side, driving to the 2 on 2 off position. In obedience, I am still working on long sits and drop on recall. How do you keep motivated at home when you have pretty much covered everything?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think every dog trainer and his dog hit this plateau at some point in their career. Don't let it get you down, but it wouldn't hurt for you to take a couple of weeks to just do fun things with him, like hiking, or swimming or try a hand at tracking for something a little different

John Heffernan said...

I am sure you are right, Margaret. We went to class after a break - that game me lots of ideas of things to work on!